When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Charlie Jaeger's Bastid motor paced stayer bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Harvest Cyclery

Finally riding a big boys bike
Picked this up at the T-town swap this weekend. The nice folks I bought it from said it had belonged to motor paced champion Charlie Jaeger of Newark New Jersey.

I added the saddle, rear wheel, and bar/stem combo.

Wondering if anyone has any info on the Bastid brand, or Charlie Jaeger.

Very exited to have a bike that may have been raced in the Golden Age of New York City racing.

Any info or comments appreciated.

Thanks,
-AJ

IMG_6760.jpg

IMG_6765.jpg

IMG_6769.jpg

IMG_6773.jpg

IMG_6777.jpg

IMG_6727.jpg
Charlie_Jaeger_champion_bicycle_racer.jpg

Last edited:
very cool, thats the kind of bike that gets me excited. let me know if its for sale. i have a several bastides and would like to have another

I got really exited as well. I saw it being carried to a booth from 30 yards away and followed it in. I bought it within 30 seconds of it landing. Joel did me a solid by not grabbing it.

The only other Bastid stayers I have found on the web had a gusset tube running from the headtube to the bottom of the downtube. Would you happen to have any photos of your bastids? Anyone know where I could find the appropriate extra long adjustable stem for it?

Thanks,
-AJ

Back