When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chartreuse Firestone

-
I had a little spare time to play around with different wheel/tire combos. For ease and to save time I just swapped the front, but you can get the idea. Also just used what I had laying around, so didn't really get to try the dirty or colored white wall options. Let me know what you think.

1st) As built Black rim/white wall tire:

View attachment 1570010

2nd) Chrome rim/Blackwall tire:

View attachment 1570013

3rd) White rim/Blackwall tire:

View attachment 1570015

4th) Rusty rim/Blackwall 2.50" tire:

View attachment 1570017

5th) Black rim/Blackwall 2.50" tire:

View attachment 1570018
#1😎

Hate to say it, because you did such a fantastic job with the black rims and pinstripes, but my vote goes to #4) rusty rims with 2.50" blackwall tires. A low luster finish with Boiled Linseed Oil is how I would treat the rims.

IMHO If your bike were cherried out, the black rims with pinstripes and blackwalls would make your bike look really tough!
But it's not cherried out. The lighter colored rack and paint loss areas around the trainlight are detractors for me. The rusty rims just seem like they would help balance those areas out, and still keep the bike looking tough. Obviously, I have a bias towards tough looking bikes.

Disclaimer: You know what they say about opinions.

5, 3, 2, 1, 4... that's my order of preference. Rusty rims are too much for this bike. The chrome or Galvanized rims make a point towards the side of original, but the black rims that match the frame and tires that fill out those deep/wide fenders make the bike to me. Sweet ride whichever way you go!

Close competition between #1 and #5. Here is what it looks like with both B&B combo wheels, for side-by-side comparison.

#5) B&B:

Or, #1) B&W:

Back