When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chasing info on an "Olympia"

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thanks dnc1,

No, that's "not" where I found the pic of the green bike, (although I see that is where it must have originally come from) that was just a google image search that went nowhere except for the photo !
I hadn't found the complete site you put up, but will admit that I am not a real good computer operator so it would be easy for me to miss something.
That site does answer some of the things I was looking for, although there still doesn't seem to be very much information, but at least its a start.

Thanks for taking the time, and thankyou everyone for your interest !

Schwinny, thanks for reposting your "Polaire" photo, I hadn't seen it before, and the chainguard certainly looks the same, probably like the rest of the parts on my bike too, sourced from somewhere in Europe when they were built. Love those springer front forks !

Graham
You're welcome.
It can be very difficult with some European bikes to find any information whatsoever.
Glad to get you started, but I agree, there's not much there to go on, but by contacting them you may find out more.
Keep us posted as to the progress of the build, as posting info on here may benefit others looking for 'Olympia's' in the future too.

You're welcome
Keep us posted as to the progress of the build, as posting info on here may benefit others looking for 'Olympia's' in the future too.
Yes, thanks for the help !
The rebuild is going quite well ! It won't be a "concourse" winning restoration, but today fitted two new tyres to one repaired and one replaced wheels, polished up the "winged" chain guard, and the aluminium guards ! The guards once cleaned showed a "Weinman" logo so goes with most of the rest of the bike with "known" but not super high quality components, will hopefully achieve a bit more over the next couple of days.

The aluminium handlebars have an inscription, "superiour" on them ! Anyone know who made those ! (no makers name) ?

Graham

Back