When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Check this Exercise Bike out -MI.

-

cr250mark

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Cool stuff making this one up!

8E3AF3BB-264F-4BEE-991A-E7525FB588A6.jpeg

I actually met with these folks and bought a 19th c work stand from them, they owned a bike shop for years that is long gone, they are very shrewd and as shawn says, over money all around. I paid up for the stand because I wanted it bad but honestly I may have paid what I could get at auction or more.

Similar but not the exact same machine.
Not quite the same as 1931 Excelsior Deluxe neither; (e.g., middle tube).
I wonder if the Excelsior Deluxe badges all came on such machines, rather than actual bicycles.

The sweet heart sprocket looks more like a 22-tooth; (e.g., not a Colson, Miami or Shelby); maybe like ladies' Excelsior Elgin sprockets(?).
The ad shows a then-new name for Excelsior in 1931; a later 1950's newspaper article quoted an employee's memory attributing the (Snyder) change a few years later.
A later 1970's congressional record (testimony, request for tariff protection) also refers to the later middle 1930's date.

Last edited:
Similar but not the exact same machine. V/r Shawn
You are correct sir and i should have stated on the post. I figured maybe if someone was interested in digging deeper on the web he or she could use the little bit of help.

Back