When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chicago ballooner bikes club and Chicago Taildraggers spring kick off ride/bbq

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

fboggs1986

Finally riding a big boys bike
Join us Sunday, April 22, 2018 at 11:00 AM for Spring Fox River Trail Ride & Barbeque in scenic Oswego, IL. We'll kick off our Spring season by riding the Trail from Oswego to Geneva, where we'll have a great photo opportunity in front of the historic B.F. Goodrich Tire and Auto store front on Main Street. Added to the fun is that this will be a combined ride with the Chicago Ballooners and the Chicago Taildragger Groups.

We'll meet to socialize at Joel & Gilly's house, located at 4810 Mill Road, Oswego, at 11 AM. There is plenty of room for parking and a long, paved driveway for our bikes. We'll head out on our ride at 12 Noon and take the short, half mile ride on US Hwy 31 to the beginning of the Fox River Trail in Oswego. Once on the Trail, we'll head north for an easy, mostly flat, paved path (90% of the Trail is paved, dedicated path, 10% is village/city streets) from Oswego, through historic downtown Aurora, along the famous Batavia Vintage Windmill Park, and into lovely Geneva for our picture opportunity (13.9 miles each way). The Trail follows the Fox River and there are many local bike shops conventiently located next to the path to help out if needed.

Once we are back at Joel & Gilly's, we'll fire up the grill and cook out brats, dogs, and burgers. Joel & Gilly will provide the meats, potato salad, beans, condiments and platewear. BYOB is encouraged and people can bring adult beverages if they like. All are encouraged to bring their bag chairs, etc.

Our Rain Date will be Sunday, May 6, 2018, same times. Please refrain from last second cancellations, if possible, as Joel & Gilly will be purchasing the food on Friday, April 21st.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday, April 22nd!!
2989f8cc21a8569a61891d7d788ad14e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 day forecast calls for a high of 56 degrees and mostly cloudy. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

One of our participants for this ride, Darrell Yarborough, had these cool spoke cards made for the event. The card features a vintage bike and our 182 year old house, known in Oswego, IL as "The Parker House". The first 35 riders will receive one!

View attachment 782678
Cool ! I do hangtags for all the SKIDKINGS rides ....Good to see others do cool give keepsakes ...Here is the tag for my up-coming ride on Sunday .Will be riding past the Park Ave Garage , been there since 1927..Don't look like it ,but the building is still there. That B.F. Goodrich building is really cool! What's the inside look like?
#4 APRIL 2018.jpg

The inside of the shop is pretty bare with a few items for sale. Most of what they sell are parts that shops pick up.

Your media looks awesome!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

It's hard to believe with all of the snow the area has experienced over the last few days that we actually have a decent weather forecast for this coming weekend. The forecast on Sunday is "Partly Cloudy with a high of 57 degrees. Winds 10-20 mph." As long as this doesn't change for the worse, our Spring Ride is a "Go". I'll make a final decision on Thursday as that's the last day I can call off the purchase of supplies for this Ride. Thanks to all who are planning on coming!

Back