When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chicago Cycle Ivory and Lime

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
So most of you remember the bike Tim B. did for Jason. My question is: were gold pins correct for this color combo? Anyone having a pic of an original of this color combo I would appreciate if you shared. The only one I know of was one that @cyclonecoaster.com posted a few years ago but the pic wasn't good enough to really make out. V/r Shawn

IMG_4671.JPG

IMG_4675.JPG

I would think, that gold pin stripes would be legit.
The only two prewar Schwinn’s, that I’ve had with gold pins, were both 1940 models, so I can’t be of much help.
But, I really don’t see how anybody could say definitively that Schwinn wouldn’t have used gold pins with that color combo.
It looks better than just about any other accent color you could use, so I wouldn’t even question it.

I've seen the reverse of that on occasion and pins are always black on the green with ivory darts etc version.
Gold is typically on darker colors where it stands out a bit better from what I've noticed.
2 tone red and even 2 tone blue.

I've seen the reverse of that on occasion and pins are always black on the green with ivory darts etc version.
Gold is typically on darker colors where it stands out a bit better from what I've noticed.
2 tone red and even 2 tone blue.
Thanks Bob! V/r Shawn

Back