When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chicago Paramount, 1980 build

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Vicious Cycle

Finally riding a big boys bike
I just purchased a Paramount with a very late, Jan. 1980, serial number. Has anyone here seen a Chicago built Paramount with 1980 build date ?
Most of the common lore is Chicago Paramount production stopped in '79
According to the # this was the 3 bike built in January 1980.
Will be picking up this week for a closer look.

80p.jpg

-----

appears upper and lower head lugs may be of differing patterns

could be that maker of lower head lug did not offer that pattern in a lady's upper...

@ccdc.1 shall be able to shed some of his considerable light 😉

-----

Not much to add on this one, I'm afraid. I recall seeing less than a handful of Paramounts with early 1980 serial numbers (my interests are more focused on the pre-1960 Paramounts, although I do still have a 1978 P-13). A provenance report could help you, but I haven't had much luck acquiring one myself this past year. It is a fair assumption (or rampant speculation) that the few 1980 Paramounts were special orders or maybe warranty replacements...there is one document from July 1980 that indicates Paramounts are a non-catalog special case (see attached).

1980_schwinn_1.jpg

Nice Ladies paramount ! I have two one in chrome and one in red that are not that new (1980) but very similar in parts and components.
If you need more information on your 1980 Ladies Paramount just ask Waterford .

I picked up the P65 and it is better than I expected, almost no use, still on original Schwinn rubber. The one feature that sticks out are the braze-on cable stops on the down-tube to accommodate the bar-end shifters, all my other Paramounts with those shifters have the more common clamp-on Cable stop.
I purchased this from the original owner, her dad, Al Fritz, special-ordered it for her when Paramount production was slated to end in Chicago.
Will send some pic's when I get done detailing it.

Nice bike!
Even better, that it was custom ordered by Al Fritz for his daughter.
That is fabulous!
I also tried to run a provenance report from Waterford recently, with no reply.
Have they stopped doing this service?

Back