When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chicago Tribune 7/16/2020

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Rivnut

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I just read a news brief that a Detroit bicycle company will be bringing production of Schwiin back to the U.S. The firm will be building a number of the 1965 Schwinn Collegiate. No further information in the brief that I read. Anyone else know more about this?

Thats great they are being made in the U.S but in all honesty whos gonna pay $900 for that? Looks the same as every other hybrid out now. I bet if they made some panthers and hornets and had models with and without tanks and actually built them well people would buy them. No other company besides electra that I know of anyway makes a decent cruiser.

Where is it stated in any of the actual press releases what the price of the bike will be? I read that they would be "more expensive" but no actualmprice was stated. I only read what was typed into a previous post.

Where is it stated in any of the actual press releases what the price of the bike will be? I read that they would be "more expensive" but no actualmprice was stated. I only read what was typed into a previous post.

"The special edition Collegiate, in step-through and cross-bar versions, will go on sale for $998 on July 1."

It blows me away at what people will pay for a new bicycle today. I remember seeing an article a few years ago about a guy that was making a bike in Chicago that didn't look to me like much more than a glorified Schwinn Breeze. He was asking (and probably getting) $1500 apiece for them. I shoulda held onto more of those Breezes (although I do still have a few :) ).

It's like the new Van Cleaves, way overpriced for what you get.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back