When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chief 1918

-
I don't have any spares. Those are for my 40. I hate to say it but, fleabay might be ur best bet

I wasn't aware, but there is evidence of it being a 3 speed by the small cable guide wheel still attached at the seat post?

I wasn't aware, but there is evidence of it being a 3 speed by the small cable guide wheel still attached at the seat post?
True enough, I forgot that was there. but those darn Tri-coaster wheels can go $700+ hubs $300+
Maybe put an old 3spd S/A and use it as a rider.

That's what I'm finding out...I might just hang it back up in the rafters or sell it out of frustration if offered the right money. I have to believe these original paint 100 year old bikes are getting harder to find

Gordy, you know these came with New Departure "A" coasters as well (not all 3 speeds).

bri ... this is very interesting information.

Can you support your statement with some
documentation or visual illustration ?

This is the kind of info that needs to be placed
into the Davis Thread and the Chief Thread.

Thank you - Bri .....

..... patric

I don't have it, but read it I believe here on a catalogue page stating either was available. Probably on the Davis thread or Chief thread.

That's what I'm finding out...I might just hang it back up in the rafters or sell it out of frustration if offered the right money. I have to believe these original paint 100 year old bikes are getting harder to find

Or why not just put a price on it and list it in the for sale section? This kinda looks like fish'n

Back