When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chief 1918

-
bri ... this is very interesting information.

Can you support your statement with some
documentation or visual illustration ?

This is the kind of info that needs to be placed
into the Davis Thread and the Chief Thread.

Thank you - Bri .....

..... patric
196F2206-D736-436B-ADCF-64A07787EDE9.jpeg

Just a little cheaper option. Gordy’s most certainly had a 3 speed with the cable wheel still attached.

Way to go Glenn. see Patric, I didn't loose my mind. (again)
Brian, we all know you haven't lost your mind, maybe we all have here on The Cabe!! ;)
( I did have a coaster brake model once, that I sold )
Bri's right, those complete wheels with the Sturmey / Archer three speeds bring some good money. If they have the original cable and thumb shifter attached as well and an early tire to boot $$ Extremely hard to come by, but would increase the value of that Chief quite a bit and help complete it!! Those early parts are getting much more difficult to find.....:(

Here's one I've had a long time that I took out of my stash and will be listing for sale soon......:anguished:
It's not cheap $995.00 shipped, but will be available........First spare, straight wheel with cable & shifter, I've ever had and with that cool tire to boot.......Usually there's bits & pieces here and there.

( Gordy gets first crack at it if he wants it ) It could use a good cleaning.

IMG_0001.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_0028.JPG

IMG_0036.JPG

IMG_0019.JPG

IMG_0023.JPG

Last edited:
Back