When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

childhood? ....almost Denver 94' swap ...Utah road trip to Denver pickin' all the way...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yeah, some of us old enough to be "pickin" LONG before the internet or any of these "reality?" TV shows and the adventure was a whole "trip" on it's own. I got into the hobby back in the early to mid 1980's. Doesn't seem like that long ago, but over 35 years!! A buddy and I drove directly into a blizzard across the U.S line in a little Toyota truck on a Saturday day trip in January/Feb. or something to buy some bikes in rural Mn..

What a trip. Stopped for beers at a bar part way home with an open case in the front ( even through the border!), truck full of old ballooners and not a care in the world ( or 1/2 brain). How we were let back into Canada I'll never know. Just a couple of "good old boys" doing some pickin in Pitt Mn. I made pals with an elderly gentleman on my travels in sales back in the day as he fixed and collected bicycles for the whole area.

Two bikes I bought from him are still in local collections in Winnipeg here. A 1934 Ladies Silverking, and a 1950's Firestone Super Cruiser ( I restored). Pete Senkyr lived to be 95 years old. RIP Pete!

P1010093.JPG

P1010097.JPG

Back