When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Childs push four wheeler with abacus...Whatizzit, any value??

-

DJ Bill

Finally riding a big boys bike
My boss gave me this to sell for him....I don't know if it is even worth putting on the evil auction site or Craigs.. Or it might be worth millions and need to go to Copake..(or not!)
If it was a bicycle I might have half a clue.
IMG_0313.jpg
IMG_0314.jpg
IMG_0315.jpg

Any thoughts appreciated.

It has been sprayed with gray primer over the original blue. I'm not sure if the basket weave area is original paint or not.
The "abacus" is just wooden beads on a rail, and they don't move sideways.
All wheels roll, tires are decent. I haven't found any maker's name. By the looks of the hardware( Phillips screws and stamped nuts...)I'm thinking 1960-1975 ?? Tires it has seem like they are from the earlier years of that range to me.
Thanks for any help...Wish it was a Roadmaster he'd dug out of the garage instead...:(

I remember my younger siblings chewing/teething on the wooden beads as they were being pushed....not OSHA approved.....

Wow, I think I need to restore it and ask $400! American Restoration, Here I come.....NOT :rolleyes:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Tay...7ce167&pid=100011&rk=8&rkt=10&sd=261841678834
Nothing against the guys work, it does look pretty and he sells repop decals for them too....which is cool. It is just hard to believe folks would pay that....
Anyone who might be interested in it in the Albany, NY area shoot me a message. Aw heck, I'll ship it too if someone wants to relive their toddler years that bad...lol.

I'm trying to figure out just what braced that back axle bracket...surely the two bolts to the seat are not all it used.. And was the floorboard on all of them?

Last edited:
I see these in complete nice condition for around $125 This is missing parts.I dont think it is worth maybe $50 for parts.

I was pushed around in one of these about 68 years ago--mine was greeen

I was, too, back in the early 1950s. Have no recollection of the color, but it was purchased new in the mid-1940s for my older sister. They could be converted from stroller to walker mode by removing the handle. The rubber covered bumpers protected furniture from the metal parts hitting anything. People sell parts of these on ebay and you could probably find all the missing parts needed to fix it up.

Dave

Back