When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Child's Velocipede

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I went with my gut and picked it up this morning. It came from an old victorian home in upstate New York. The original paint on the frame shows definite signs of age, and hardware (square nuts) would indicate late 1800s. Grips are wood wrapped in leather. Hard rubber tires are original, pedals are original and seat has been re-covered. Would like to know what you all think of it.

You did very well on the price. Most sell for a little more around $350 range. I have seen many priced higher but often don't sell beyond $500 on the open market unless being fought over at an auction. Majority of these especially with rubber tires were built in the 1920's to 1930's era. Earlier versions most often were simply metal wheels with no rubber. I suspect your treadle trike is more likely from early 1900's rather than 1800's.

You did very well on the price. Most sell for a little more around $350 range. I have seen many priced higher but often don't sell beyond $500 on the open market unless being fought over at an auction. Majority of these especially with rubber tires were built in the 1920's to 1930's era. Earlier versions most often were simply metal wheels with no rubber. I suspect your treadle trike is more likely from early 1900's rather than 1800's.
Thanks for the info. Although I have owned some early bikes over the years, this is my first venture into these 3 wheel velocipedes and I'm still learning about them. As I said earlier in this post, I have known of the existence of this one for a long time and always felt that I would own it someday so when it was offered to me I felt that I should just go ahead and buy it. In the overall scheme of things it seemed like a fair price, and apparently I did OK.

Back