When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chrome fenders wanted for a 1966 Varsity tourist 27" Wheels

-

Fvee20

On Training Wheels
Chrome fenders wanted for a 1966 Varsity tourist with 27" Wheels. Looking for nearly perfect for an almost NOS bike. Please post a picture and price shipped to Las Vegas 89129. Thanks! John

thumbnail_77500914-B12E-423D-B6F2-7012780A5F4B.jpg

thumbnail_C158398A-09B6-4B04-8C4C-5D4D03755579 (1).jpg

I have some long fenders(I don’t think it would have been shorties but I may be wrong) and they have some dents but the chrome is perfect. If you know someone who could roll them you could do that and then polish them well…

I think the fenders would be the same as on my '65 Varsity.
Here's a pic to show what they look like.

Are those the pointy front ones? I will be in Vegas in 12 days.
I think the fenders would be the same as on my '65 Varsity.
Here's a pic to show what they look like.

View attachment 1678430
I think you're right about the fenders on your 65 except, humm,, did Schwinn use that fancy or regular reflector? I also think there's another option; for a few bucks less, you would be riding on painted fenders.

Regardless, since 'pointy fenders ended in 63, the fenders 64 and up, I think, fenders aren't date stamped and so, the only difference for another 10 years or more, on all the Chicago made 'lightweights' is painted or chrome and which reflector ya got on it.

My 68 Super Sport Tourist has same fenders as your 65, with that rear reflector, but reflector base is white vs chrome.

I have some long fenders(I don’t think it would have been shorties but I may be wrong) and they have some dents but the chrome is perfect. If you know someone who could roll them you could do that and then polish them well…
If you’re willing to sell them let me know how much. Thanks

I believe the rear should be Schwinn part # 52800 if that is correct I have a NOS one available. I will have to search a little more might be able to come up with a front.

Back