When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chrome most of the Lobdell Horizontal Spring Seat, or?

-

popawheelie

Finally riding a big boys bike
I purchased and tore down a Lobdell Horizontal Spring Seat a few years ago. Now I am going to refurb it and sell the seat. Would it sell faster if I kept the frame under the seat Black, or should I re-chrome it? I like the chrome, but I wish to get a sense as to whether the "average" buyer would like it one way or the other.
Any opinions?
Mike Siddons my dot ironwork at verizon dot net.

Agreed, anyone serious enough about owning that saddle will want it as original as possible. Better yet just sell it as is and let the new owner decide what to do with it.

One of my rules, is don't put more time and money into something you're selling, if you won't get it back in return.

Yes, I have no desire to waste time. When I restore it I'll test the waters.......and probably keep it black on the frame underneath. I have 3 girls bikes, so it wouldn't just sit in a box if it didn't sell. I've always liked
the chromed seat frame, but I listen to my fellow collectors. Thanks all.

One of my rules, is don't put more time and money into something you're selling, if you won't get it back in return.

I purchased and tore down a Lobdell Horizontal Spring Seat a few years ago. Now I am going to refurb it and sell the seat. Would it sell faster if I kept the frame under the seat Black, or should I re-chrome it? I like the chrome, but I wish to get a sense as to whether the "average" buyer would like it one way or the other.
Any opinions?
Mike Siddons my dot ironwork at verizon dot net.

The bottom pan never came chrome...Everything else you could go chrome if you wanted on a deluxe boys or girls.

Back