When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chrome or painted?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Chrome wheels or painted wheeld

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rivnut

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
I'm restoring a 24" JC Higgins girls bike. Versions I've seen pictures of on the internet show painted with pinstripe or chrome. Which do you prefer? Either way, it will have white sidewall tires

s-l1600.png

Last edited:
I'm restoring a 24" JC Higgins girls bike. Versions I've seen pictures of on the internet show painted with pinstripe or chrome. Which do you prefer? Either way, it will have white sidewall tires
View attachment 1103920
View attachment 1103938
chrome is nice, but to accent the bike and have diversity in color, the hoops could be powder coated to be subtle or eye catching.... with stainless spokes with colored nipples or colored spokes to off set the hoops with the bikes color theme......

Neither picture is of my bike. Those pictures were found using a Google search. Mine came with chrome wheels but they're pitted. I'd have them blasted and paint them the dark blue with a white stripe. I bought a Western Auto Parts bike the other day and it had some chrome rims on it that cleaned up nicely. My only quandry now is to see if I want to spend the money to have the chrome rims blasted.

Paint or chrome those or replace them? If those I would paint. You could chrome later if you wanted.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

1)That would mean finding a third set of rims when I only need one set, and
2) aluminum rims are not OEM

Back