When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chrome Paramount

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

comet

Finally riding a big boys bike
The owner says it is a 1962. What is a good offer. Thanks

AD095BAC-7FC6-43D8-87B0-46D6DE6333B4.jpeg

A6670DA1-2500-4085-A717-17D44C9C3223.jpeg

E8096CF5-E08E-470A-B1FB-9972F765F7AC.jpeg

FBBF5DEA-CAE7-4A71-8442-F657AE04274B.jpeg

A2704C51-DB28-473E-B4C9-62253BECD870.jpeg

80158331-6202-46E6-BB23-374586147B61.jpeg

-----

fittings such as stem, brake levers, rear mech, saddle, etc are clearly later than given date

if you wish to make it all of a piece in terms of date you will be needing to cast about for the period correct bits

no attempt at denigration; just mentioning as something to be aware of ;)

a bit like purchasing a house which requires work -

there is the cost of the house and then there is the cost of putting everything right...

-----

I bought a '63 P13 Deluxe a few years ago, most was correct except for the brakeset, stem and bars. No wheels. In that condition I paid $500 for it, and it took me half a year, probably another $500 and a lot of luck to gather the correct parts together - especially the Titan stem and Maes/Kint bars. A grail bike so the total was worth it to me, had I paid the seller more it would have edged into not-so-worth-it territory.

In it's current condition it's worth at least what I have in it depending on the buyer (Not planning to sell). Your specimen appears to only have the correct crankset, the rest is a hodgepodge. Not sure about the condition of the chrome, pictures can be deceptive on that - headtube looks a bit iffy and that headbadge has seen better days. Per Juvela It'll take some work and $$ to set it right if that's your intent, something to keep in mind as you move forward.

As purchased:
Paramount-OfferUp-4.jpg

Restored (wrong brake levers since corrected) :
IMG_20181223_112221-SM.png

I bought a '63 P13 Deluxe a few years ago, most was correct except for the brakeset, stem and bars. No wheels. In that condition I paid $500 for it, and it took me half a year, probably another $500 and a lot of luck to gather the correct parts together - especially the Titan stem and Maes/Kint bars. A grail bike so the total was worth it to me, had I paid the seller more it would have edged into not-so-worth-it territory.

In it's current condition it's worth at least what I have in it depending on the buyer (Not planning to sell). Your specimen appears to only have the correct crankset, the rest is a hodgepodge. Not sure about the condition of the chrome, pictures can be deceptive on that - headtube looks a bit iffy and that headbadge has seen better days. Per Juvela It'll take some work and $$ to set it right if that's your intent, something to keep in mind as you move forward.

As purchased:
View attachment 1378275
Restored (wrong brake levers since corrected) :
View attachment 1378277
What is the serial number?

Out of town so can't check (pics are on Google so I can pull those from anywhere). I have a provenance report on it from Waterford which confirms the mfg period in 1963.

Very nice sir! Gotta love the Chromies... I just checked BikeIndex (I register all my rides there to prove ownership and in the event of mishap or theft). P39.

B

-----

cycle could employ some observations from member @ccdc.1 as he is wildly expert on these ;)

---

Weinmann brake calipers appear too late for date given

correct for 1962 would be this generation -

the enclosed cable anchors also appear too late for the stated date

AFAIK they did not launch until the 1968-69 time

brake centres on frame are huge; note that even with a 750 caliper pad holders must be right at the bottom of the adjustment slot

---

it was mentioned above that chainset correct for date

possible it may be too late

it was right around this date that the Record model chainset received the webbing between the two lower spider arms and the crank arm; original version lacked this feature

when this change occurred the "dustcaps" on the inner face of the pedal hole disappeared

do not recall the specific year for the change, another member with greater Campag savvy likely will have a specific date...

the hubs are easily checked since the inner faces of the axle locknuts will express a definite year of manufacture -

-----

Thank you everyone for the responses. The owner wants $2000. I offered $1100 and got a no. I'll try and find out the serial number, maybe it's a later model and more of the parts are correct.

Here is a picture of the serial number on the bottom bracket. Maybe it's the 621st frame of 1973. No idea about the N. Any thoughts?

IMG_C415440E2F20-1.jpeg

Back