When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Chrome plating

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Skiptoothgrin

Finally riding a big boys bike
Just wondering where folks get chroming done. I did a search but nothing straightforward came up I'm thinking of having some of the Western Flyer parts done

I've used a few different places. Chrome is not cheap so unless this is a big money bike or has sentimental value you may just want to try and clean what you have as best you can. The bill on the last one I had done was a little over $1000. You need to be careful where you send your stuff to. If they get happy with the grinder/buffer you could end up with some shiny turds instead of nice bicycle parts. V/r Shawn

That would be my plan! Good luck with the project and post up some pics as you progress. V/r Shawn

Myself & I know other Caber's have been using Mara plating & polishing in Newark, N.J. I've always been happy with the results. It is possible to not "break the bank" with chrome work. It can add up quickly, but if you're careful, prioritize, do the prominent parts that you're not likely to find pristine or re-poped, it's not that terrible. In this hobby, my opinion, you're probably not going to re coop much of anything you do, so what's a little extra if it looks really nice.

is protor still in bussiness

Micheal Smith gave me the new name of what used to be Proctors, Kro-Pro - will probably be giving him a shot as soon as I can get stuff together ..
REC

I've resurrected a number of mechanical things over the years and never expect to recoup my money. Throwing money away is a different story
. Knowing where the line is is the hard part.

I've used a few different places. Chrome is not cheap so unless this is a big money bike or has sentimental value you may just want to try and clean what you have as best you can. The bill on the last one I had done was a little over $1000. You need to be careful where you send your stuff to. If they get happy with the grinder/buffer you could end up with some shiny turds instead of nice bicycle parts. V/r Shawn

Shawn are you shipping your items away or have a local company? I need light bezels re-chromed.

Back