When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Circa 1890s/1900 bicycle - need identification help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

johndpeterson

On Training Wheels
Greetings All, I have a family photograph of what I have so far determined to be a chainless bicycle from between 1898 and 1900. The badge on the front stem doesn't seem to match any badge/company logo I've been able to find. The chrome on the joint between the fork and front stem also seem to be unique. Additionally, there's an accessory of some sort on the right front fork that I have been trying to identify that could possibly be a lamp mount. I have found catalog pictures of Columbia and of Spalding bicycles that are similar but not the same. Any help would be appreciated.
img016.jpg

Greetings All, I have a family photograph of what I have so far determined to be a chainless bicycle from between 1898 and 1900. The badge on the front stem doesn't seem to match any badge/company logo I've been able to find. The chrome on the joint between the fork and front stem also seem to be unique. Additionally, there's an accessory of some sort on the right front fork that I have been trying to identify that could possibly be a lamp mount. I have found catalog pictures of Columbia and of Spalding bicycles that are similar but not the same. Any help would be appreciated.
View attachment 942761
Looks like a head clip type headset (thanks for the close-up Patric) lamp bracket on the right fork, could it be a British machine? I'll admit, the Pith helmet is also throwing me in that direction!

Back