When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

City stamp mark? Any one else have or verified this?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
My Suburban...

DSC01439 (2).JPG

DSC01441 (2).JPG

DSC01444 (2).JPG

-----

yes, cannot think of why it should be difficult to locate...but have certainly been unsuccessful...

---

the two symbols am familiar with come from cities not far from Livermore/Pleasanton

the one for the city of Berkeley California is a six pointed star

and the one for Oakland California looks like the profile of a mushroom - reckon it is intended to indicate an oak tree, or two of them depending on how one views it

to me, the San Marino one looks like it is intended to indicate one of the California Missions founded by Spain

-----
Would love to see photos of those two city stamps! I’ve spent hours searching the web for any info on these and nada! Also have contacted the historical society in Pleasanton and nada

Looks like they stamped a T for Texas
In Phoenix, AZ bicycle licenses were handled by City Fire Stations and Bicycle Dealers. During the 1960's, early 1970's we were on "T" xxxxx license numbers. We stamped in 1/8" high numbers the Handle bar stem, handle bars, and the frame just above the crank cup on the left side of the hanger. Who knew we would be considering these bikes as collectable. Sorry for any frames/bars I screwed up for you collectors.

John

In Phoenix, AZ bicycle licenses were handled by City Fire Stations and Bicycle Dealers. During the 1960's, early 1970's we were on "T" xxxxx license numbers. We stamped in 1/8" high numbers the Handle bar stem, handle bars, and the frame just above the crank cup on the left side of the hanger. Who knew we would be considering these bikes as collectable. Sorry for any frames/bars I screwed up for you collectors.

John
Just adds to there history!

Back