When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

City stamp mark? Any one else have or verified this?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
40's Aero King from San Jose, Ca., with a strange bottom bracket stamping.......an apothecary jar in stand......a turtle without front legs.... @jesus, not sure if this is what you are looking for but it is Bay Area and may help.
1667450170176-png.png

1667449837007-png.png

1667449750038-png.png

1668490090282-png.png

-----

this system of a symbol to represent a city was employed in bicycle licensing in the state of California for decades

it use largely ended in 1977 with the implementation of a statewide bicycle licensing system

this is when the silver and blue adhesive transfers affixed to the seat tube began

spent some time online looking for a directory for the symbols without success; there must have been one which all law enforcement personnel would have had access to

if we have any forum members with friends or relatives who have worked in California law enforcement perhaps they could ask about this

-----

-----

this system of a symbol to represent a city was employed in bicycle licensing in the state of California for decades

it use largely ended in 1977 with the implementation of a statewide bicycle licensing system

this is when the silver and blue adhesive transfers affixed to the seat tube began

spent some time online looking for a directory for the symbols without success; there must have been one which all law enforcement personnel would have had access to

if we have any forum members with friends or relatives who have worked in California law enforcement perhaps they could ask about this

-----
Thank you for that added information! I would love to get my hands on a copy of that book! So far I know of 3 symbols.

Thank you for that added information! I would love to get my hands on a copy of that book! So far I know of 3 symbols.

-----

yes, cannot think of why it should be difficult to locate...but have certainly been unsuccessful...

---

the two symbols am familiar with come from cities not far from Livermore/Pleasanton

the one for the city of Berkeley California is a six pointed star

and the one for Oakland California looks like the profile of a mushroom - reckon it is intended to indicate an oak tree, or two of them depending on how one views it

to me, the San Marino one looks like it is intended to indicate one of the California Missions founded by Spain

-----

Back