When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Civil War bike? Help what do I have!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I think you are just missing the front spring from the seat yes it is a G&J Rambler the early ones had a decal badge but I could be wrong - about 20 years ago I found a NOS frame only -Butch the Wheelman has that now... Very nice find
Always amazed at the wealth of knowledge on this site!

hope you got 2,000.00 usd ,, the rims are made here in central florida ,if your buyer needs the info-the rims will be about 500.00 drilled and shipped

This is definitely an amazing find. Congrats on your score, sale, and profit. Hopefully it is in the right hands, and will receive a full restoration.

1891-93 G&J - after bikes they built rambler autos -check out Copake for views of complete bikes with prices , in an auction venue ..

Apparently you got the 'streamlined, low-rider seat', :D

With the help the others posted, ID-ing your "Civil war bike" the net has plenty to offer: http://www.oldspokeshome.com/museum/gormully-and-jeffrey-diamond-rambler-no-1-1892

Gormully and Jeffrey Diamond Rambler No. 1 1892

There are more photos in the net with detailed pictures of this bike being restored but!. Apparently photophucket gave em da bill and they're off line now. .

0-gjrambler-full.jpg

1891-American-Ideal-Rambler.jpg

6967817287_ed0a01bda6.jpg

Photophucket's pay or die notice:

:
6821699570_626e16f74a.jpg

Last edited:
est. 4,000 to 6,000,, sold for 5,265 , copake auction venue
30789706.jpg
-Pedals like the ones shown on your machine , look like a the type on pneumatic style examples ,C- 92/93 .Your frame also appears to be for a pneumatic tired bike

Wow! Congratulations.

At $135.00 in 1900 those were for the truly rich and famous. That's equivalent of $3000 today, amazing so many have survived.

They had great advertising copy, how do I get to be a "veriest tyro"? I wanna be a veriest tyro! ;)

Back