When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clean or Dirty Run a Bouts ??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Next up. Run-A-Bout number 3 finally gets the treatment. Ahh the freshness!

Got any dirty little run a bouts sitting around? Thinking about cleaning em up a bit.. do it and lets see!

Minty ones..big projects or builds? post em up..lets see those too.

I have a few here that need bearings cleaned and new grease. Also I will lightly polish the paint and chrome to preserve the shine!

Starting with this campus green 68. Looks all original from what I can tell with just the brake pads and one tube replaced.
View attachment 1072486
Pedals, wheels and the rest of the chrome is needing the most love on this one.
View attachment 1072487
Pulled apart for detail and noticed the 68 stamped crank..
View attachment 1072491
and 68 stamped handlebars
View attachment 1072492
here is the tiny little reflector and bracket
View attachment 1072503
One and done! Only thing replaced was one headtube bearing with an original. Not bad for a 50+ year old bike.View attachment 1072508

View attachment 1072506
View attachment 1072509
View attachment 1072510
View attachment 1072511
Nice and fresh now. Also have a couple of brown ones that will get the same treatment. Anybody else have one of these little guys sitting around?
How are they to ride? I have had my eye on one for awhile now.

Reactions: hm.
How are they to ride? I have had my eye on one for awhile now.
For me, they are more fun to run a bout with on the shorter rides. Im 6'3 so the bike is a bit small but raising the seat up makes the difference. We live on a hill and it climbs it easily in first gear. Camping would be where they get the most looks and use from the wife, our friends and their kids.

I would say nice complete ones are worth buying and trying out. They sell easily and I would buy another complete one if the price was good. Also.. due to the size, they make great "in the house" bikes.

Back