When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clean or Dirty Run a Bouts ??

-

hm.

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Got any dirty little run a bouts sitting around? Thinking about cleaning em up a bit.. do it and lets see!

Minty ones..big projects or builds? post em up..lets see those too.

I have a few here that need bearings cleaned and new grease. Also I will lightly polish the paint and chrome to preserve the shine!

Starting with this campus green 68. Looks all original from what I can tell with just the brake pads and one tube replaced.
schwinn side 415.jpg

Pedals, wheels and the rest of the chrome is needing the most love on this one.
schwinn side 413.jpg

Pulled apart for detail and noticed the 68 stamped crank..
schwinn side 417.jpg

and 68 stamped handlebars
schwinn side 424.jpg

here is the tiny little reflector and bracket
schwinn side 420.jpg

One and done! Only thing replaced was one headtube bearing with an original. Not bad for a 50+ year old bike.
schwinn side 432.jpg

schwinn side 431.jpg

schwinn side 430.jpg

schwinn side 433.jpg

schwinn side 428.jpg

Nice and fresh now. Also have a couple of brown ones that will get the same treatment. Anybody else have one of these little guys sitting around?

Last edited:
Wow..thats a nice one @Rollo ..and a few extra goodies added..I really like it!

Got any dirty little run a bouts sitting around? Thinking about cleaning em up a bit.. do it and lets see!

Minty ones..big projects or builds? post em up..lets see those too.

I have a few here that need bearings cleaned and new grease. Also I will lightly polish the paint and chrome to preserve the shine!

Starting with this campus green 68. Looks all original from what I can tell with just the brake pads and one tube replaced.
View attachment 1072486
Pedals, wheels and the rest of the chrome is needing the most love on this one.
View attachment 1072487
Pulled apart for detail and noticed the 68 stamped crank..
View attachment 1072491
and 68 stamped handlebars
View attachment 1072492
here is the tiny little reflector and bracket
View attachment 1072503
One and done! Only thing replaced was one headtube bearing with an original. Not bad for a 50+ year old bike.View attachment 1072508

View attachment 1072506
View attachment 1072509
View attachment 1072510
View attachment 1072511
Nice and fresh now. Also have a couple of brown ones that will get the same treatment. Anybody else have one of these little guys sitting around?

Wow, nice job!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: hm.
Wow, nice job!!!

It was more work than I expected with a bike of this size and all..but well worth the trouble. Always been a fan of these little bikes!
I have two more to do when time permits. Will post those soon. Thanks for the kind words!

Another 68. Same as the other one, all original from what I can tell with just the brake pads and one tube replaced.
On the stand

Back