When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cleaning a Silver King

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I bought a silver king last week. Not bad looking but can't decide if I should shine it up or leave it. Any new info. on the subject in the last 4 years?

I bought a silver king last week. Not bad looking but can't decide if I should shine it up or leave it. Any new info. on the subject in the last 4 years?
2013 was a while ago. I wonder if merkaba ended up polishing. If he did, the patina is probably starting to creep in. When I first read this thread I didn't realize it wasn't current, and I was going to offer him a fully polished identical SK in trade. Perhaps that would help him decide.
image.jpeg

I find the polished SKs have a big head turning effect on the general public. People think it is a chrome bike. Now that I've commited to the polish, it makes the upkeep a nightmare. I think I wouldn't polish if I found one complete and clean. I find myself resurrecting Bastárds though. A frame that needs repair doesn't look so good, when the welds are left like scars upon loveliness.
This damage on a Flo-Cycle has gotta go.
image.jpeg

Going.
image.jpeg

Gone.
image.jpeg

So Dan, let's see your bike.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
2013 was a while ago. I wonder if merkaba ended up polishing. If he did, the patina is probably starting to creep in. When I first read this thread I didn't realize it wasn't current, and I was going to offer him a fully polished identical SK in trade. Perhaps that would help him decide.
View attachment 706590
I find the polished SKs have a big head turning effect on the general public. People think it is a chrome bike. Now that I've commited to the polish, it makes the upkeep a nightmare. I think I wouldn't polish if I found one complete and clean. I find myself resurrecting Bastárds though. A frame that needs repair doesn't look so good, when the welds are left like scars upon loveliness.
This damage on a Flo-Cycle has gotta go.
View attachment 706598
Going.
View attachment 706599
Gone.
View attachment 706601
So Dan, let's see your bike.

View attachment 706589

sk1.jpg

I think I'll leave it alone. You're correct general public will like, but upkeep is a lot of work, and might blind me!

"PM sent on the fenders". Mike you are the worst mercenary leg puller in this nuthouse.!!! Dan, your lucky to be 2000 mile east cause nothing on the Pacific Coast is safe from TR6SC. Hide your bikes, hide your daughters, wives and grandmas, hide the milk and cookies too.:D

Back