When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cleaning and restoring paint

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Dc76

Finally riding a big boys bike

This is my next project . Any ideas to bring this original paint back to life. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated . Thanks

View attachment 1519633

View attachment 1519634

This is my next project . Any ideas to bring this original paint back to life. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated . Thanks
Great looking Rollfast !!!!
All that needs is a wake up treatment using WD40 and various steel wool........probably only need 000 and 0000
Do some Searching here on The CABE and you'll find lots of posts regarding it.
Read up - take your time............and you'll be amazed how well that bike will turn out

@juvela When I've had bikes in this condition, I usually follow these steps after a wipe down to remove all the dirt:

For the Paint
1.) Rubbing Compound, applied gently, to remove harsh built in dirt
2.) Polishing Compound, possibly used a few times to remove any residual dirt
3.) Polish, to bring out a nice shine (maybe twice)
4.) Carnuba Wax to keep everything protected and feeling smooth!

For the Chrome
1.) Brass brush (looks like a tooth brush) after wiping the area with WD-40 for very rusty areaa
2.) WD-40 applied with 0000 steel wool
3.) Chrome or Metal Polish (I use Noxon)
4.) Carnuba Wax to keep everything protected and feeling smooth!

I'm sure a lot of guys (and girls) use other methods, but these are mine and for me work great. Apply each product carefully, especially around or on decals and pin striping. Try not to get to crazy at once. You can always repeat steps.

You can look at some of the bikes I've done to see the results. Some looked like basket cases and In was able to do a nice job on them. 🙂

Last edited:
Back