When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cleaning it up

-

rollfaster

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
63 date on the SA 3-speed hub. Western Flyer “London Flyer”. Cleaning this up for a friend. He bought the bike because it reminds him of the one he had that his parents bought new for him in 64. Anyone know anything about these?
694FA2B9-7A17-4AF2-A563-E9E48BB04155.jpeg

19DBE2A1-A0A0-4313-ACB6-F0CAC4516490.jpeg

9BCDB20A-38C8-4807-BCCD-AA6E858DF207.jpeg

C55D9DEB-232B-49A7-AA86-BBA52506ED63.jpeg

It's a Raleigh-made bike for Western Auto stores. The American stores (and the Canadian) could order Raleigh products and have a specific brand/logo put on it as a contract order. Rear matching rack and the bag are nice pieces to have. These bikes usually don't have a matched rack and usually the bag is long gone after 50+ years.

Thanks Mike. Unfortunately the bag was chewed on by mice or something. The whole bottom was destroyed, but the rack is very nice.

Thanks Mike. Unfortunately the bag was chewed on by mice or something. The whole bottom was destroyed, but the rack is very nice.

I have a great bag if you're interested.
The Brooks faux-leather box, satin-lined that looks just like the original leather boxes.
Thought I would be able to use it on my Lenton, but there's no way I can hang it right with my tall overhung saddle.
It's exactly the same size as this Brooks Milbrook, but designed to sit square.
I'll sell it for what I paid - $60 shipped - they were $175 when Brooks was selling them.
maybe can get some photos...
Wfa1hMV.jpg

here we go, took some photos and posted them on in the classifieds
https://thecabe.com/forum/threads/brooks-faux-leather-boxy-saddle-bag.139423/

Last edited:
Thanks, the owner said he’s just going to throw it in a display room. Appreciate it. Didn’t clean up all that great.

D1F80ADE-8666-4436-AE25-8F5123B30FD1.jpeg

Back