When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cleaning out my Dad's garage. Found an old bike. 1940's era? Please help identify.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

MagicMo

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hi there,
I was cleaning out my Dad's garage and came across his old bike. I remember him telling me it was from the 1940's. Let me know what you think.
Thanks in advance!
Maureen
[email protected]
bike.jpg
bike3.jpg
bike tank.jpg

Looks like a prewar DX tank and a bunch of non Schwinn parts...Colson maybe? Hard to tell from the pics

Last edited:
question

39 has a straight downtube (tube from headtube to bottom bracket)...note the seat stays (frame connection behind seatbost) not Schwinn...

Thanks for the info. Should I be looking for a schwinn seat in the garage? My dad was a bit of a hoarder and if there was another seat he would keep it, he didn't throw out ANYTHING!! This is nothing compared to what else I have to go through! I have already found about 200 old telephones (he was a Bell systems worker) and while it is fascinating it is overwhelming to say the least.
Thanks!
Maureen

Magicmo

Hey Magicmo, I know we talk bicycles here...but i am looking for a old 3 slot payphone the one that take a quarter, nickle and a dime as you are going through that stuff-Thanks

bike aint a scwhinn

Its not a schwinn but the tank sure is. The tank is by far the best part to find. $200ish. The rest of the bike is not a schwinn. There are subtle non schwinn features that make me possitive that its not a schwinn. Any old bike parts in all conditions should be brought up here so you don't toss anything good. The phone might be awesome too. Any pics?

Hey Magic,Welcome.If you have any pay phones,odd phones ,etc you might want to sell please let me know.I am looking for one.

Back