When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cleaning out my Dad's garage. Found an old bike. 1940's era? Please help identify.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I know this has been said before but it seems to be being glossed over.
This is not a Schwinn bicycle!
what it looks like is a bike made from two bikes. though the tank fits amazingly well it doesn't go with that frame.
the best way to identify the bike is to get a better photo of the bike from the chain guard side showing the whole bike. from there we can help you decipher your puzzle.

I will check

Hey Magicmo, I know we talk bicycles here...but i am looking for a old 3 slot payphone the one that take a quarter, nickle and a dime as you are going through that stuff-Thanks

All the phones are in the attic. I will check this weekend. If I was a betting woman, I'd say he has a couple of everything. I will snap some pics. I came across a huge box with the first Bell Videophone from 1964. I remember him telling me that the videophone was part of the New York worlds fair and that it turned out to be a flop. There are cases that I haven't even gone through yet. I saw Bell system signs, tools, cases, first aid, luggage and every phone under the sun. Some are still in the box and never opened. I will get back to you on Sunday.
Thanks,
Maureen

Thanks

what it looks like is a bike made from two bikes. though the tank fits amazingly well it doesn't go with that frame.
the best way to identify the bike is to get a better photo of the bike from the chain guard side showing the whole bike. from there we can help you decipher your puzzle.

I am going there this weekend and I will take better pics now that I know what your looking for. My husband swears it is a schwinn. Considering he was minus 30 years old when my dad got the bike, I trust your opinion over his! Stay tuned, I will get more pics.
Thanks!
Maureen

Checking

Its not a schwinn but the tank sure is. The tank is by far the best part to find. $200ish. The rest of the bike is not a schwinn. There are subtle non schwinn features that make me possitive that its not a schwinn. Any old bike parts in all conditions should be brought up here so you don't toss anything good. The phone might be awesome too. Any pics?

Thanks for your help. I will keep you posted on the phone thing. I did snap a few pics of a crank phone and a bright orange dial phone I found in his garage.
crankphone1.jpg
crankphone2.jpg
crankphone3.jpg
crankphone4.jpg
crankphone5.jpg
orange dial phone.jpg

So those phones must bolt on to a bicycle some how? So if you find any 60's Dodge van parts, I'm in.

Real telephone men just carried everything on them in the old days, no need to mount stuff on your telephone service bike!!!!!!! Between me, my Wife, my Dad, and Father-in law, 123 total years of service in the Bell System up through the New AT&T and still counting.....

BTW, I'd like to see any unusual telephone items too.

install.jpg

Phone

All the phones are in the attic. I will check this weekend. If I was a betting woman, I'd say he has a couple of everything. I will snap some pics. I came across a huge box with the first Bell Videophone from 1964. I remember him telling me that the videophone was part of the New York worlds fair and that it turned out to be a flop. There are cases that I haven't even gone through yet. I saw Bell system signs, tools, cases, first aid, luggage and every phone under the sun. Some are still in the box and never opened. I will get back to you on Sunday.
Thanks,
Maureen

Thanks I appreciate it!

New pics. Hope this helps identify?!

Hi there,
Can you take a look at the new pics I took. Let me know your thoughts.
I appreciate it
Maureen
thebike1.jpg
thebike2.jpg
thebike3.jpg
thebike4.jpg
thebike5.jpg
thebike9.jpg
thebike7.jpg

Back