When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cleaning up my new Westfield.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Yes, great bike!
I didn't have any time to mess with cosmetics, when I built up my DX. So I applied a product called ACF-50 to protect the bike, and give a bit of shine. I haven't seen your bike dry, but I think this might give the desired effect. ACF-50 is good stuff to have around for protecting bare metal - I use it on my tractor and snow blower. Some of the Vespa guys will use it on plated parts or raw hardware to keep the new look, which is where I learned about it.

dx wet look.jpg

Thank you all for your help and advice! Well here it is, this is as far as I think I am going to go with the cosmetic aspect of this bike. I didn't have the room to full disassemble the frame and soak it so I tried gojo and compound but they were little to light to handle the rusty build up so the final option after trying that was a gray paint prep scotch bright pad for some of the heavy areas and some 0000 steel wool with some spray wax to clean the rest. I finished off with a coat of the spray wax and what you see is the end result. I left the wheels and tires rough to help the paint pop more and keep that barn find look, added the kick stand and fixed the horn. I took if for its first shake down ride today and besides needing some tightening of the re-greased bearings she is ready to ride. The only other thing I would like to fix some day is the light, the lense is missing and the inside looks rusted beyond saving, but I have all winter to do that enjoy the pics and Thanks again.

20181119_161341.jpg

20181119_161348.jpg

20181119_161400.jpg

20181119_161443.jpg

20181119_161459.jpg

I like this stuff, it leaves a nice glossy shine. More expensive then most stuff you find but it goes a long way. It can be applied by hand, not just machine.
Like everything you use, be very careful around old pinstripes, I’d think about taping them off to protect them.
View attachment 892791

Yes , but first start of with a clean surface first , that way your not moving dirt and grease all over . I use the original Gojo .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think all these Ideas for cleaning and preserving paint jobs should be posted in one forum. It would've been great to know things I've learned the hard way over years, when I first started. People just starting out could save themselves lots of heartaches, if they had a forum to read about the subject. Barry

Someone may have done this already, and I just don't know?

Last edited:
Now that the bike is clean a partial decal has been revealed and I was wondering if anyone knows what it originally looked like.

Back