When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cleaning yellowed decals

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

rustystone2112

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
That is if you don't like the yellow look you can use a soft lint free cloth like a T-shirt and Nu Finish or any other automotive cleaner wax NOT! polishing compound and start gently polishing with little to no pressured in just a few minutes their clean. In the first picture I already started cleaning the left side before I took the picture

71cH8PoUSoGqbKbnnWfcoA.jpg

t1JwRk5JSB2WZS%SQ2oZAw.jpg

tDrf7gJoT7G0BeNWeCuZgQ.jpg

DL3LdAZwQTSgLNTRNLvkCQ.jpg

+23aM3m7RrO8xZJjCyBs8A.jpg

Last edited:
I use Turtle Wax Polishing Compound in the black bottle. One of my Corvette 5 speeds seat tube wrapped decal wasn't yellow, it was a fairly dark brown, and it cleaned up bright white like new. I take an old white Hanes sock and invert it, moisten it up with water and put on small dab of the polishing compound and gently wipe with minimal pressure in one direction. Keep the sock moist with compound and don't rub when the compound is dry. This works good on all the decals but stay away from the pins and screenings.

Had the same problem on a Schwinn American as well. My solution, which might be blasphemy to some, was to use a very wet Magic Eraser. I literally pulled the eraser across the decal using no force whatsoever. For those who don't know, the magic eraser is an abrasive. I found that out the hard way...don't use on plastic. It took many passes across the decal but they came out really nice. I'll have to try the polishing method above next time.

IMG_1826.JPG

IMG_1829.JPG

IMG_1831.JPG

IMG_1838.JPG

IMG_1841.JPG

Back