When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cleveland Welding Company Roadmaster

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
The reason I came to this site in the first place way back in 2016 was to learn about a bike I had just dug out of a barn and learn I did....but I took that knowledge and i ran with it. I dug and read and laid in bed at night and researched and learned and grew and changed and understood. I was already into the bike hobby when I joined this site by many many years and I knew alot already but I came here understanding that even as much as I knew, there was still SO much I didnt know. I am learning from this site every single day....I read posts about bikes I dont even like because I just want to learn and grow and be as well-rounded as I can.
This has allowed me to teach other folks and boy that is a good feeling and I love helping.
I'm the same way as much as I can be. I wasn't into this hobby the way I'd like to have been. With that said though I see so many people who come; ask value, age, and then you never see them contribute anything else. Not even Thanks Guys/Girls I sold it! If not to a member here. Then what seems like a Holier Than Thou attitude crawls under my skin. At least the bike & parts flippers here add info etc & not just take.

I have been reading the replies, both the good and the bad. Please understand that I do not mean to be a troll but was simply looking for some history and perhaps a photo of a similar model someone had refurbished. I knew from the start it has little monetary value but it was nice of my old friend (retired marine salvage) to pass it along to me. The reality was his wife (who I worked with for years) wanted it off the darn fence! The idea of Forums is to bring together people with like passions and I am a member of many others in the bicycle, sports car and RV world. Every once in a while we all have to step back and see if we are pushing our positions on others. I do apologize that some of you were offended by my statement. I have started a plan to revive the Roadmaster and have already acquired some w/w tires. Rusty chains and cogs look like they may be serviceable. Work will continue in the fall when the Canadian summer is over and it is less busy. Currently my oldest bike is a 1956 Royal Nord President 3speed made in Belgium and using Brampton (England) hubs and gearing. It was restored over a period of two years.

I have been reading the replies, both the good and the bad. Please understand that I do not mean to be a troll but was simply looking for some history and perhaps a photo of a similar model someone had refurbished. I knew from the start it has little monetary value but it was nice of my old friend (retired marine salvage) to pass it along to me. The reality was his wife (who I worked with for years) wanted it off the darn fence! The idea of Forums is to bring together people with like passions and I am a member of many others in the bicycle, sports car and RV world. Every once in a while we all have to step back and see if we are pushing our positions on others. I do apologize that some of you were offended by my statement. I have started a plan to revive the Roadmaster and have already acquired some w/w tires. Rusty chains and cogs look like they may be serviceable. Work will continue in the fall when the Canadian summer is over and it is less busy. Currently my oldest bike is a 1956 Royal Nord President 3speed made in Belgium and using Brampton (England) hubs and gearing. It was restored over a period of two years.View attachment 1391279
Thats awesome that you came back and I very much look forward to seeing that poor ol girl live again!
Post all the pictures you can as the process is the best part! Every old bike deserves to live again and not die on a fence passed off as "art".

I have been reading the replies, both the good and the bad. Please understand that I do not mean to be a troll but was simply looking for some history and perhaps a photo of a similar model someone had refurbished. I knew from the start it has little monetary value but it was nice of my old friend (retired marine salvage) to pass it along to me. The reality was his wife (who I worked with for years) wanted it off the darn fence! The idea of Forums is to bring together people with like passions and I am a member of many others in the bicycle, sports car and RV world. Every once in a while we all have to step back and see if we are pushing our positions on others. I do apologize that some of you were offended by my statement. I have started a plan to revive the Roadmaster and have already acquired some w/w tires. Rusty chains and cogs look like they may be serviceable. Work will continue in the fall when the Canadian summer is over and it is less busy. Currently my oldest bike is a 1956 Royal Nord President 3speed made in Belgium and using Brampton (England) hubs and gearing. It was restored over a period of two years.View attachment 1391279
Very nice bike! Well done. Those marbleized paint jobs are fantastic!

Inclement weather has kept me in the shop for a few days and a couple of bikes were sold to make more space so I just had to assess the 46 CWC. Some of the fasteners have loosened, all are getting weekly squirts of penetrating oil. The rust scraping has revealed a dark blue original paint with white? striping under the "garden bike red". The chain has loosened up nicely and the wheels turn freely. Right now I'm busy carving the caulking compound grips off the bars. Preliminary plans are to dismantle it and clean, repair and paint the wheels, chainguard and bars. For stage 1 the frame and mudguards will be left oiled or clear coated. There are still remnants of a BF Goodrich Safe Drivers League sticker on the rear mudguard. Finding a saddle here in Canada may take a while.

cwcstage11.JPG

cwcstage12.JPG

cwcstage13.JPG

cwcstage14.JPG

Disassembly went well and the bike is apart with little damage. Amazing what time and a little WD40 will do. I

have tried all the recommended brands over the years but still find the best results with plain old WD40. Bearing surfaces on the headset and bottom bracket are acceptable. The wheels were a pleasant surprise with no rust inside the rims. The CST City 26x 2.125 whitewalls I found at the local hardware store fit great. I was surprised to find the wheels laced with double butted spokes.
Will a modern chain tool break the skip tooth chains?

The majority of balloon tire bikes used double butted spokes. As for the chain is depends if the tool you have will accommodate the spacing of the links. I go old school a lot of times with a drift punch. As long as that first strike is dead on its gravy from there. V/r Shawn

Back