When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cleveland Welding S/N Project...See Page 58 Post 576 for chart

-
Mid to late 40's to early 50's depending if there letters over to the the side of the #'s ( Cw or ACw) that will tell exact year but I'm wondering more about the Snyder springer that is very strangely put together?

Last edited:
Mid to late 40's to early 50's depending if there letters over to the the side of the #'s ( Cw or ACw) that will tell exact year but I'm wondering more about the Snyder springer that is very strangely put together?
Is that springer an aftermarket thing then?

Is that springer an aftermarket thing then?
Snyder was another bike manufacturer. The springer isn't original to the bike, CWC had their own springer fork of a different design. Probably something happened to the original fork and someone used whatever was at hand to get the bike rolling again.

View attachment 1602301
Very cool! Having a G on my serial means this is a 1957 when I thought it was a 1958 based on the features. Sure it could have been a late order in 57 but I have no idea if my serial is late since I don't know total production. Cool!
'57 sounds right. I think in 1958 they went to chrome fenders and a front rack instead of truss rods, with a ball light mounted on the handlebars. The head badge changed as well. Yours is in nice shape!

Snyder was another bike manufacturer. The springer isn't original to the bike, CWC had their own springer fork of a different design. Probably something happened to the original fork and someone used whatever was at hand to get the bike rolling again.
Ok cool! I really like the look of it!

Adding my oldest owned bike to the list. Ive had this bike since my son was born and he’s 10 at this point.
According to the chart its a CW series 48 model. I got it from the second owner right after he got it from the first owner. It came from the original owner like this and originally came with a Fleet Wing badge as you can see by the silhouette on the headtube.
Ive finally collected all the parts to return it to stock finally since that what it deserves.
It will finally no longer be a fake board tracker. Lol

6A610A69-F57E-4AAB-BF9A-426D003D7EF2.jpeg

A5E3367A-E393-49E9-8D70-FE343F6158CC.jpeg

Adding my oldest owned bike to the list. Ive had this bike since my son was born and he’s 10 at this point.
According to the chart its a CW series 48 model. I got it from the second owner right after he got it from the first owner. It came from the original owner like this and originally came with a Fleet Wing badge as you can see by the silhouette on the headtube.
Ive finally collected all the parts to return it to stock finally since that what it deserves.
It will finally no longer be a fake board tracker. Lol

View attachment 1674064

View attachment 1674065
Looks like it was a good run! Great photo!

There is something about bringing a bike back to factory built and riding it the way it was in the day.
Exactly. I built this bike many years ago and really didnt think like I do now. Now days im more into stock and complete so it will be nice to see its second life as it was intended.

Back