When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cleveland Welding S/N Project...See Page 58 Post 576 for chart

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I have never seen a 51Cw; I'll have to dig through this thread and find that sometime. It's very possible they began that numbering method towards the end of '51. The number of ACw stamps compared to the pictured examples, numbering one, for 51Cw would not make sense with production numbers to consider that was used the entire year. I've got ACw stamps A-J, so the assumed cutoff between 1950 and 1951 likely in the E-F range.

Yeah no worries, I just browsed through this topic again and it's not here, but I seen em, so, the 51Cw set must be somewhere I'd hunted inside of ratrods. don ask's me where at radrods, but I'd guess inside of a topic, I can't find currently, where a bunch of cranks cases are photographed. ..

did cleveland welding make the ben hur?

Attachments

• benhurmos.jpg
    benhurmos.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 323
Jpromo kindly ID'd my new vintage bike, Serial Number J00179. Just thought I'd add it to the CWC database. He said it is a : "1941 CWC-built bike. Carrier suggests it was originally badged Hawthorne. Only original parts look to be the frame/carrier. Fork may or may not be original. Fenders look to be universal replacements" Thanks Jpromo!

DSCN0034.jpg

DSCN0035.jpg

DSCN0037.jpg

DSCN0038.jpg

DSCN0041.jpg

Do you ever buy or pick up anything that needs detailing...that is one badass looking Whizzer. I can check my notes on the CWC serial number in a bit. Curved fender braces puts it in the 40s I'm sure.
But there are more qualified than I to pinpoint the year as the serials for CWC were reused just about every decade as I recall.

It's all about the Rescue / Revival and of course the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

my FB page
https://m.facebook.com/antiquebikerescue

Todd, my notes show the "B" prefix could be 1943 or 47. Believe the latter would have the "CW" suffix stamping.
However, I have been so wrong on the Roadmaster serial number deciphering in the past...someone more qualified needs to pipe in.
Still a real beauty regardless what year it is.

It's all about the Rescue / Revival and of course the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

my FB page
https://m.facebook.com/antiquebikerescue

Here is my Cleveland Welding Roadmaster that I just bought from a friend. He figures it's a 1947. I really like the headbadge and those curved fender braces! I should have taken better pictures than these. The serial number is: 'H22491' with 'A CW' behind that.
RM1.jpg
RM2.jpg
RM3.jpg
RM4.jpg

I have a 1940 Western Flyer with G5....Serial number on the bottom bracket.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446644519.021302.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446644558.675084.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446644610.379468.jpg

That is the pic my friend sent me from the swap meet where he found it asking if I wanted it?.... quickly replied yes
Thread on this bike is Prewar Western Flyer

Back