When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cleveland Welding S/N Project...See Page 58 Post 576 for chart

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
My Guess....

Just from what I have seen on this thread and my own CWC frames...Early 50's

Please upload as I also have an "X" numbered bike and would like to see if yours is the same frame design as mine. Dave
I am having difficulty uploading my photos. One more time.
rickm

Attachments

• Roadmaster Bike001.JPG
    Roadmaster Bike001.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 789
  • Roadmaster Bike002.JPG
    Roadmaster Bike002.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 775
Cleveland Welding S/N Project

Phil,

Here are the serial numbers to my car wreck...she is going to be a difficult build to bring back from the dead. I sprayed some Simple Green on her to clean up her residue and dirt from spending 30+ years of being hung up on a wall in a barn and the burgundy (originally red) paint immediately just ran off like it was wet paint in a rain storm. It was like I sprayed turpentine at 900 psi! The paint on the wheels just added to the flood...which makes me wonder if the former owner(s) painted the wheels/fenders to match the frame sometime back. I am not familiar enough with this particular bike/manufacturer to know any different.

The fainted paint is still there, but it seems like I lost half, if not more of the paint job. I'm afraid to do anything more with it. It would be easy to just scrub/sandblast it to kingdom come and repaint it, but I would like to save it if possible, as the two tone paint/stripes will be difficult to recreate by this novice...I really suck at painting.

8-23-2008 - I was sanding down the bike this afternoon for repainting and noticed that what was thought to be a "Z" for the very first letter/number is actually an Upside Down "1"... :confused:

DSC_0042_3-1.jpg

_MG_0600a-1.jpg

_MG_0623a-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ladies Pilot by Cleveland Welding

Just got this last week. Looks all original except maybe the grips. Has chainlink tires and a Troxel leather seat. Serial number D91 192- is hard to see in the pictures (and to the naked eye) I did a rubbing to make sure I was reading it correctly. Also, its missing its drop stand.
Picture112-1.jpg

Picture113-1.jpg

Picture116-1.jpg

Picture121-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Phil,
I sent you an e-mail with a couple of my CWC bikes info. I sent it to the address mentioned a bit earlier in this thread. I have 6 CWC bikes and I would like to have their info entered onto your list. I would also like to find out what you and other collectors know about their age and any other info.
If somebody could shoot me a PM on how to post pics in the forums I will put pics of the bikes with my posts. Thanks!

Hi Spook1s

I received the photos you e-mailed me, to post directly to this forum you need to upload your photos to a hosting site like Flickr (free) and then use the photo insertion tool above the text input box on this site to attach the URL of your photo.

In general I want to thank everyone who has posted pictures and serial numbers or sent me CWC info over the past month, I’ve been putting time into the LeMay Concours and getting ready for the Iron Ranch swap meet tomorrow and the Seattle Ratrod build-off and Swap on Sunday. This has put me behind on cataloging the information I’ve received but I should be back in the saddle after the weekend.

While there were no CWC bikes in the winner’s circle at the Concours this year, you can take a look at the pictures of the top 10 bikes posted in the event section . We had an outstanding Colson representation this year. Next year we will be featuring Huffman-Dayton and Shelby and CWC will be the featured make for 2010.

I’ve put together text on the variety of models CWC produced pre-war and I will be posting that soon with a full list of collected serial numbers and some interpretations to follow.

Last edited:
Triplets

I have three similar Cleveland bikes with the same springer I got this one over the weekend, it is the only one with curved fender braces. Any idea of the year? Serial # B58753 I think this is great!! I will get down to the storage unit and get pics of all the CWC bikes we have several

c532_3-1.jpg

I really needed the saddle for my Firestone Cruiser now it is complete, funny how a wrong part was a selling point go figure

Last edited:
Here are a few more!!

My Wife Hiawatha I would love to know the year. The ornament is not original, we got that for it, neither are the handlebars and grips but are closer than the ones we got it with.

101408013-1.jpg

101408016-1.jpg

101408019-1.jpg

Regards,
Shane

Back