When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cleveland Welding S/N Project...See Page 58 Post 576 for chart

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
You have a postwar truss rod top bracket now, the one on the old pictures was the correct one for this prewar bike.

Muchas Gracias - thank you for the advice. Do I need to remove the spring and lower truss rod from the fork crown to make the length adjustment? The, what I believe to be correct, truss rod bracket is in the mail!

Pictures please
Missing a lot of parts, I think this truck has been through a few owners
IMG_5276.JPG

Thanks Whopperchopper,

I too have a CWC delivery cycle and I recently sold another in pretty complete condition.

Most I have seen are "D" serial. The delivery cycle first appeared in the catalog in 1940. I am not sure when they ended production though.

My delivery cycle has the same chain ring as on your bike but I have also seen them with the paisley chain ring and the pork chop style chain ring.

The drop stand has also had two variations throughout production.

Your missing a few key and pricey parts but you have a good start.

Thanks Whopperchopper,

I too have a CWC delivery cycle and I recently sold another in pretty complete condition.

Most I have seen are "D" serial. The delivery cycle first appeared in the catalog in 1940. I am not sure when they ended production though.

My delivery cycle has the same chain ring as on your bike but I have also seen them with the paisley chain ring and the pork chop style chain ring.

The drop stand has also had two variations throughout production.

Your missing a few key and pricey parts but you have a good start.
Thanks, I figured it might be an early one with that low serial number, but who knows for sure. I highly dought I will restore or look for original parts. Thinking of a nice rider, front drum, 3 speed, I can weld up a close copy of the basket mount . Mainly would like the correct head badge, pedals, grips, and maybe seat. Thanks CWCMAN

Back