When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cleveland Welding S/N Project...See Page 58 Post 576 for chart

-
You have a postwar truss rod top bracket now, the one on the old pictures was the correct one for this prewar bike.

Muchas Gracias - thank you for the advice. Do I need to remove the spring and lower truss rod from the fork crown to make the length adjustment? The, what I believe to be correct, truss rod bracket is in the mail!

Pictures please
Missing a lot of parts, I think this truck has been through a few owners
IMG_5276.JPG

Thanks Whopperchopper,

I too have a CWC delivery cycle and I recently sold another in pretty complete condition.

Most I have seen are "D" serial. The delivery cycle first appeared in the catalog in 1940. I am not sure when they ended production though.

My delivery cycle has the same chain ring as on your bike but I have also seen them with the paisley chain ring and the pork chop style chain ring.

The drop stand has also had two variations throughout production.

Your missing a few key and pricey parts but you have a good start.

Thanks Whopperchopper,

I too have a CWC delivery cycle and I recently sold another in pretty complete condition.

Most I have seen are "D" serial. The delivery cycle first appeared in the catalog in 1940. I am not sure when they ended production though.

My delivery cycle has the same chain ring as on your bike but I have also seen them with the paisley chain ring and the pork chop style chain ring.

The drop stand has also had two variations throughout production.

Your missing a few key and pricey parts but you have a good start.
Thanks, I figured it might be an early one with that low serial number, but who knows for sure. I highly dought I will restore or look for original parts. Thinking of a nice rider, front drum, 3 speed, I can weld up a close copy of the basket mount . Mainly would like the correct head badge, pedals, grips, and maybe seat. Thanks CWCMAN

Back