When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cleveland Welding S/N Project...See Page 58 Post 576 for chart

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Any info on this CWC Roadmaster? Date or model name? C serial number. Cw without 2 numbers before.

20170221_111302.jpg

20170221_111326.jpg

20170221_110314.jpg

Any help appreciated on identifying the year of my CWC bike? Serial# looks to be F28095. It is not badged either, so unsure if it's actually a Roadmaster, Western Flyer, etc. Thanks for any thoughts and input!
IMG_3835.JPG

IMG_4231.JPG

It's a Roadmaster because Western Flyers have different chainrings. Does it have black out hubs? because the frame has lesser curve on the down tube, and no tangs for a drop stand on the chain stays, which makes it 42-45. The fork has early 50's springs, and bumper truss rods that are not correct. There is something wrong about the rack too, because it should be mounted to the seat post clamp. Wrong grips.

Thanks for giving it a look over. It actually looks to be somewhat pieced together. The front fender, chainguard, fork and frame all look to have original matching paint (although someone in it's past has taken sandpaper to the back half of the frame). The rear fender correct in being peaked, but not the same red as other pieces.
And, I know the rack is also not original (could be early 50's as well?). It does not have wartime black-out hubs, but are New Departure Model D hubs which I think are correct for the early 40's era. Lastly, the badge holes are 2 5/8's inches apart, but the holes on the Roadmaster badge I have are about 3 inches apart. So...

I agree on the front fender being painted by a previous owner and the rear being an original burgundy color, but the frame looks like it could be original red. Definitely better quality than the front fender. Here is a close up.
The shorter head badge screw distance is still the mystery and makes me think the frame wasn't an original Roadmaster, but maybe a CWC build for one of it's other company bike lines...?
IMG_5700.JPG

Back