When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cleveland Welding S/N Project...See Page 58 Post 576 for chart

-
Well just picked this up this afternoon. What I was told 1950's AMF Roadster PaceMaker. Ok it has a 19 " frame, 26 " tires, expanding seat post, no clamp. Has an extra ear on rear drop out for fender mounting. Bendix coaster brake in rear. Handle bars are not original. Roadmaster badge is faded. Serial # B37972 G on BB. Anyone have any ideas when is was made?[/QUOTE]

Left side.JPG

head badge.JPG

Chainguard.JPG

chainguard back.JPG

Rear right.JPG

Right Side.JPG

Last edited:
Well just picked this up this afternoon. What I was told 1950's AMF Roadster PaceMaker. Ok it has a 19 " frame, 26 " tires, expanding seat post, no clamp. Has an extra ear on rear drop out for fender mounting. Bendix coaster brake in rear. Handle bars are not original. Roadmaster badge is faded. Serial # B37972 G on BB. Anyone have any ideas when is was made?

View attachment 464375

View attachment 464376

View attachment 464377

View attachment 464378

View attachment 464379

View attachment 464384[/QUOTE]
When I first posted mine under the "Middleweights" section, @Adamtinkerer said that frame style was made between 1955 and 1957, and I believe he's right, as best as I can tell.

Well just picked this up this afternoon. What I was told 1950's AMF Roadster PaceMaker. Ok it has a 19 " frame, 26 " tires, expanding seat post, no clamp. Has an extra ear on rear drop out for fender mounting. Bendix coaster brake in rear. Handle bars are not original. Roadmaster badge is faded. Serial # B37972 G on BB. Anyone have any ideas when is was made?

View attachment 464375

View attachment 464376

View attachment 464377

View attachment 464378

View attachment 464379

View attachment 464384[/QUOTE]
And it looks like the chrome on yours ought to clean up nice!

Can you post a picture of the serial number?

That frame style came out mid 1954, and stopped in 1957 I believe.

I have two of these bikes, a rough one and a nice one, both AMF Roadmaster Flying Falcons (middleweights). I read on this thread that AMF moved Roadmaster from Cleveland to little Rock in 1956, but the rough one is clearly stamped "56 CW", so that means it was built in Cleveland, correct? The number on the nicer one is a lot lighter, and if there's a year stamp, I don't see it. But it still has the "Masterweld - Cleveland Welding" sticker on the down tube, so I'm guessing (hoping) it's still a CWC built bike. Also, the connections between the bottom bracket and the frame seem to have a lot more brazing on the nicer one, but it looks like some of the original paint is still on the brass. Could this have been a factory repair?
And, is there an easy to tell a Cleveland Roadmaster from the Little Rock version?
At full enlargement of the picture, the nice one's serial number looks like "D17905", and the "D" and the "5" look like they were double stamped. I appreciate any information you can share.

Correct, the "56Cw" stamp means 1956. The other appears to have a light "5" after, look at it from different angles and see if you can see the next number.

With a "B" serial, your frame is definitely a 1937. However, that style double bar roadster frame was used in 39 as well with model 0226-S

For some reason, this style frame seems to be missing from the 38 offerings in a 19" seat mast.

Does it have a offset crank housing like the #A's and I have see a few different badges, I have ones with WF, Speed & Roadmaster.

Back