When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cleveland Welding S/N Project...See Page 58 Post 576 for chart

-
Allright CWC owners.. Can we ID this one... Serial # is bad but looks like 220339 or 226339 and what looks like 53 running the oppisite direction at the begining. numbers are scattered...

bikeside.jpg

serial.jpg

sprocket.jpg

Can't really see the serial number, but I'm going to guess a '36 or '37.
You're probably getting private messages about that seat right about now.
Going to try and work the serial number harder tomorrow. They are very shallow. Trying to not make them disappear. And yep. It's a "hot seat".

I do not normally collect bikes... My first 2. are this one and a 38 Schwinn D97XE Christmas Special.

I like it.

Thanks ,so I take it that it would not have came with a tank, I read something I believe on this thread about lost ( as in haven't came across any) B & C serial numbers and D series starting after the war,I havea couple of more pics in another thread, where I started scrubbing it clean.
ps I am pretty upset about the streamers being gone :)

CWC turning blue.JPG

Last edited:
Something's off, I'm reading that the war department limited the number of bicycle MFG's to two Columbia & Huffman in Sept of1942 although there's no holes in the headtube for a badge, how many 1943 bikes could CWC have made, unless they catalouged unsold bikes built before Sept 42 ,as 43's?

Any estimate on year and model of this bike? I have searched and searched and seem's to me something with the bike is a little off as in items seem to be mixed on the bike. I am also new to the restoration game so probably my issue. Appreciate the help!
53f18b98737adc73fda90c4e9b0f0a41.jpg
a70a78c27bfe0d983153db99efdd97ce.jpg
0ed8f79b7a16f731f67711b2c0295cea.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Any estimate on year and model of this bike? I have searched and searched and seem's to me something with the bike is a little off as in items seem to be mixed on the bike. I am also new to the restoration game so probably my issue. Appreciate the help!View attachment 851843View attachment 851844View attachment 851845

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That’s a postwar bike. Might look odd because it’s a 24” model. Post a pic of the serial number.

Back