When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cleveland Welding S/N Project...See Page 58 Post 576 for chart

-
Hello and great idea for this Project, about (CWC) BIKES S/N. CAUSE I HAVE(5) BIKES, FROM (CWC) THAT'S THE ONLY BIKES i GONNA LOVE FOREVER FIRST, CAUSE MY SON & DAUGHTER BORN HERE IN CLEVELAND OHIO & (2) JUST LOVE THE WAY THEY, MAKE THE PREWAR (R.MASTER) BICYCLES UUUUUFFFF LOOKS SO H.DUTYS AND FOR, THAT REASON THEY ARE IN MY LITTLE COLLECTION. (2 /girls) & (3/boys) I am Very happy......:):kissingheart::)

Thank you for this (S/N/P.) AnthonyR from me and my son. My friend GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS.....;)

Here is a few things I learned back in the 1980's, ribbed seat clamp 1948-to-1953. straight bar on boys head set to crank set probably early 1940's. tanks , carriers , seats can be easily changed. I would love to see the out come of this project, I think its great!! Richard.....

Skiptooth, I have a ladies Roadmaster CW series, serial number D12558 Cw. By Phil's serial number chart, it would have been made December 1947 to March 1948. With the number being 125... I am assuming most likely January of 1948. And, so, I refer to it as a 1948 as I feel confident about that. My seat post is welded and does not have the rib. What do you make of that? Can anyone else help with this detail with their serial numbers? It may help us to nail this detail a bit more. Thanks!
Deb

Deb.I would go with phils numbers because back in the 80's we were guessing no tect. then! even now you can be 6 mo. off . does your bike have a drop stand? springer? and what type of carrier? skirt guards? I may have one posted on the lounge ...title; what else do you collect.. page 4 on the lounge, page 8 on what else do you collect ... check it out...Richard....

Last edited:
Here is a few things I learned back in the 1980's, ribbed seat clamp 1948-to-1953. straight bar on boys head set to crank set probably early 1940's. tanks , carriers , seats can be easily changed. I would love to see the out come of this project, I think its great!! Richard.....
Early or late 1948 for ribbed seat tube clamp?

Deb.I would go with phils numbers because back in the 80's we were guessing no tect. then! even now you can be 6 mo. off . does your bike have a drop stand? springer? and what type of carrier? skirt guards? I may have one posted on the lounge ...title; what else do you collect.. page 4 on the lounge, page 8 on what else do you collect ... check it out...Richard....
D12558 Cw. Two-tone green.

20181212_154751.jpg

awesome bike love the org. paint ! GLAD YOU HAVE IT DATED... really like these w/ the closed chain guard and all the curved braces..keep your eye out for org. paint rack ,light, tank. dress guards.( ride it and have fun).....

Back