When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cliffhanger.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

cyclingday

I'm the Wiz, and nobody beats me!
This article from the morning news sure brought back the memories.
I had a similar fall back in the 80’s on the Bridge to Nowhere trail.
But my experience was from the clips and toe strap era, so the bike actually saved my life.
I’m not sure, what happened to this guy, but I can imagine, that his inside/uphill pedal struck a rock, thus pitching him over the cliff.
In my case, my feet were firmly attached to the pedals, so I stayed with the bike, which got hung up in the rocks, and kept me from falling 700 feet to my death.

I was able to extricate myself very carefully, but I know, exactly how this guy felt.
One wrong move, and it could’ve been all over.

In the early 90s. I remember all the times that I would ride in Los Padres behind Santa Barbara just passed Cold Springs. Usually by myself. Had a lot of near misses out there. Nothing like this. Riding up the fire roads to go down the single tracks I would hear scuffling in the brush in the back of my mind thinking probably a mountain lion stalking. That would really get my adrenaline going and made at the time for a more fun ride.

I am sure that was a frightening experience for sure. Glad they rescued him. That article made the local papers up here in Washington state...

Back