When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sold Clown bike #2

-
Price
Zipcode
Memory Lane had one where a someone had pulled through and bent the spokes in an offset position. Must have been as loose as a goose. My Illinois friend spokes these. They are a fun ride that even a kid can perform.

These were both professorially laced same as the one I bought from a local Schwinn shop. In the 50-60's all Schwinn dealers ( in socal ? ) were encouraged ( required ? ) to build them to rent out for school/church carnival, I have been told this by 4 previous Schwinn shop owners ( 2 still have the bikes ), I think most were 24 & 26in bikes, I rode them many times every year at my schools carnival around the blacktop ( tried to stay inside the dodge ball circles ) for tickets we bought, tried to see who could go the fastest with out getting bucked off!, The original one I bought from Paramount Schwinn before they closed ( and probably weren't using because of insurance by the 70's ) was a 24 with 24 in. rear wheel ( fender bridges removed ) and 20 in. front which would start off with wheels rotating the same but soon became a bucking bronco with the different size wheels. I'll try to find some pics.

Back