When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Clunker/Klunker......Thoughts?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I say put together what you have and get it riding. Get it all adjusted correctly and if the correct color part comes up then you could replace it. In the meantime do not worry if it looks odd, remember your an adult on a bike intended for kids and teenagers someone will always think you look odd, who cares. Once you get it riding you may not care about the finishes , and when you are satisfied you can call it whatever the heck you want. But it will carry the most important moniker "yours".
Why do you have to put a label on it at all? Just ride and enjoy it! V/r Shawn
Freq, this is America we have to put a label on everything haha. Thank you for your service on this wonderful weekend and always!

Just to clarify.A klunker is a vintage bike built to climb and fly down mountain roads.think of a mountain bike but before they were around.will always run off road tires.a stripped down bike or something pieced together is not a klunker.not the same meaning as a pile o crap car.if it cant get you up there and back,its not a klunker.plenty out there on the subject.kind of like calling a traditional hot rod a rad rod or referring to any old chopper as a harley.just my two cents on the subject.but like shawn said,no need to label an old bike.just go ride and enjoy it.as you dive deeper into the vintage bike hobby,it will evolve over time.

Gary Fisher 1997 Klunker.

So- I have read up on both titles, seen what you all have done, and named them as such. Good work 'yall! BUT- here is my Q of the day......I have a bike=38/39 Mercury, not a POD, but the under model. I have everything for it. Complete, and here's the jist.........It's in 4 different colors! I don't think i'll go the refurbish route, it's just going to get cleaned up=chrome/paint the best I can, grease, and ride the poop out of it. I had to purchase some items, hence the different colors..Sorry- no pictures, because it's a pile of parts right now.
So- what would this be called? All the parts are correct, and nothing odd-ball.......
It isn't a survivor, it isn't OG, it's a hodge podge of parts to complete what came from the factory. But- they are correct! What would you call it? Just discussion going on here....Thoughts?
I build up old hodge podge bikes all the time and really don't give them names unless they really strike my fancy. Most of my bikes are "Junkers" or" Junk Yard Dogs". Over all they just go by Razin Hell Kustomz. Enjoy and RideOn. Razin.

Back