When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coast to Coast Sportsman Rescue

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I believe that is a Komet single-speed hub. Are you sure that it has a hollow axle? The bike could have easily been switched from 3-speed to single speed. You can reverse the process, if you like, by throwing a 3-speed hub on there plus caliper brakes. The blue paint and decals look original. Could the different color under the pulley clamp be from fading? For insight into fading, compare the underside of the frame to the top.

Reactions: JLF
0131D190-9034-4B67-AD70-D9699A55398A.jpeg

Not hollow, but slotted. Perhaps it is a single speed? When I saw this I assumed multi-speeds. To be honest, I prefer a clean look without shifters or hand brakes.

Tracking numbers say tires, tubes, rims strips arrive tomorrow. Looking forward to installing those and it’s first ride in decades.

E31E6A4D-C69D-415F-8983-FEEFB3811455.jpeg
3BA0958C-19CE-491C-A095-53CDE740CE39.jpeg

Here it is, as finished as I will ever take it.

New Duro 27 x 1 3/8 tires, tubes, rim strips and Hunt Wilde grips. I also swapped the handlebar to something more comfortable.

Replaced the pedals that had busted up reflectors for a non reflector Schwinn set.

Also added a rear reflector as the fenders have a built in bracket.

Chain is a bit tight, so I’ll just replace it with one of my BMX chains.

It rides nice, I was a bit surprised honestly. I love the fender design and fit.

Not sure what I’ll do with it? Maybe look for a frame I like, 1920’s or 30’s and swap the parts? Trade it towards a 26” cruiser? Donate it? Cut the top tube off and reweld it up top to make a boys frame? We’ll see.

Last edited:
Back