When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coaster hub oil

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Ernbar

I live for the CABE
What are you guys using, W30 or W40 motor oil for the fill hole in the hubs? I think the 40w would be a tad thicker and stick better to the internals.

Last edited:
Reactions: ian
Depends on the hub I guess? I'm using 0w16 synthetic motor oil in New Departures and like it. It spins good. The thicker the lube is the more the discs drag. I grease the bearings, though they get full of oil pretty quick too. When I was a kid I used Marvel Mystery Oil in the one I rode every day. I had to service it a lot, but it spun good. I'm not sure what to use in other brands without looking it up.

I’ve been using W30 automotive oil on my Perry, ND and SA hubs and wanted to see what other lubricants are being used on these.

I used 3 in 1 oil last time.

49auto

From what I have read in multiple threads in different forums, 3 on 1 eventually gums up inside the hub.

49auto

From what I have read in multiple threads in different forums, 3 on 1 eventually gums up inside the hub.
I think pretty much anything will eventually gum up if it sits long enough. For New Departure, I use the grease from Park Tools on the bearings, and 3-in-1 on the disc's. Maybe if it gets too hot from braking, it shortens the life of the oil? NOS factory disc sets came packed in graphite.

I think pretty much anything will eventually gum up if it sits long enough. For New Departure, I use the grease from Park Tools on the bearings, and 3-in-1 on the disc's. Maybe if it gets too hot from braking, it shortens the life of the oil? NOS factory disc sets came packed in graphite.

Which 3 n 1, the mineral oil or the 20W motor oil?

Back