When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coaster hub oil

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I'm about to rebuild my ND it has oil port. I'm confused, I've heard grease bearings but not anything else inside hub, assemble and add oil via port to oil discs. Others say grease everything hubs and discs and also add oil. What should I do, or does it even matter?

I’ve rebuilt/cleaned 3 ND hubs and they perform like new, no noises and positive breaking.
There are several tuts on YouTube that you can follow and it’s very easy. Take it apart and note how the parts go back, clean things and remove any caked up dry crusted grease. Grease the bearings and add a few drops of 30w oil as you reassemble the discs witch keeps them together as they are being stacked. Reassemble and make sure nothing is binding. Add a few drops of 30w oil in the port and spin the rear tire to distribute the oil and it’s done.

If you add grease to the discs I noticed it created some drag and the wheel won’t spin as freely as with oil. I noticed it when I did my first hub and greased everything. I felt drag as I spun the wheel so I took it apart and wiped off the grease from the discs and used 30w oil instead and the dragging was gone.

Back