When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coin Operated Child Size Bumper Car

-

CeeBee

Finally riding a big boys bike
I'm not sure if this is exactly what the Cabe's definition of a "riding toy" is, but hopefully I'm not using the term too loosely here. I'm hoping someone can steer me in the right direction to find information on this little guy. I've found a couple of tidbits of information on similar coin operated bumper cars, but none have this front drive arrangement or have animal themed bodies. This one has no identifying labels, badges or serial numbers that I can find.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!

20220612_111436.jpg

20220612_111449.jpg

20220612_111507.jpg

20220612_120501.jpg

20220612_120522.jpg

20220612_120534.jpg

So was it mounted on a stand or is it a bumper car? V/r Shawn
It is a bumper car, but 1/3 the size of a typical Dodgem style car. Originally it had a 12 volt automotive type battery under the seat and a small DC motor and chain drive to the front wheel. There is a coin slot beside the steering wheel so my assumption is this was in a "kiddy" area of a traveling carnival or fair grounds.

Thanks for the input @Rusthound and @Freqman1 . The Belgian one is similar but appears to have a more robust tube frame and looks like it may be a bit larger. The Whittaker ones were the first thing to pop up in my initial Google search but they have a rear drive platform instead of the front wheel arrangement of mine, along with some other differences. This one is definitely a factory made thing, but it is still pretty crude construction. The good news is nothing about the mechanical design is unique or proprietary so I'll be able to take some liberties making it function again.
My plans are to use a modern DC motor and simple controller to be able to let my grandson have the coolest ride on toy in the neighborhood!

look at jrcentral.com I have had the Barry's Toy Craft Corvette, I still have the 56 Pontiac. They are all very simple and somewhat crude metal work construction.

Back