When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Collectibility Of Columbia Five Star?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

frankabr.

Finally riding a big boys bike
Once in a while I'll see one come up for sale. They look like neat bicycles. Are replacement parts easily available? Any opinions as to collectibility? Someone's been trying to sell a blue one on Ebay. It looks like the rack is incorrect and I'm not sure about the rims. It looks like a nice bicycle.

Another bicycle I like is the Firestone Monark Super Cruiser. Someone is selling one of those as well. It's also been up for a while. Front light housing appears missing.
Any opinions? If you had a choice, which would you pick?

Let me know what you think?

Thanks, F.A.

Last edited:
A lot of people collect 5 Stars so I guess that makes them collectable. Parts are easy to find with the exception of original luggage rack tail lights and the correct headlight. There is a lot of reproduction parts floating around left over from the 1986 RX-5 run to replace missing parts until correct ones can be found. The most common style 5 Stars (1950-1956) came in a wide variety of option packages and shared many of the same parts (frame, fork to name a few) with the lower priced 3 Stars. They are a good sturdy and heavy bike.

I have both. I like the look of the train light and 'cheese grater' rear rack on the Monark but it rides like crap. The Five Star Columbias are a much better built bike and have style as well. As stated earlier parts for the Five Stars are probably a little easier so if it were me I, too, would lean towards the Columbia. v/r Shawn

Back