When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Collecting for 1930’s bicycle museum

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Original 1919 tank, chain ring and badge on original Indian bike. Restored obviously
229061AB-CD97-4F43-8498-657B3EFEAAA2.jpeg

Buying these bikes is not a cheap endeavor. Hope you have a lot of money in the bank or came across an inheritance or cashed in on Bitcoin. If your intention is to open a museum for people to visit are you going to charge an entrance fee or is it going to be free? You should be on a busy well traveled road then so people who drive by will see your sign your place and actually stop in. I think people interested in this would be rather limited. Who wants to look at old rusty steel. Yes to us its cool. An entrance fee will help with building expenses ie utilities, rent, mortgage, taxes and maintenance. Or maybe sell museum t-shirts and hats. You need money to maintain it, like Sean said, otherwise its a slow slippery slope and the landlord will come calling when you stop paying rent. If you work during the day at a regular 9-5 job you will need to hire someone to keep the place open. Costs money. I imagine you are not getting these bikes on the cheap where you can sell them for a good profit at sometime to help pay with expenses as time passes. Easy to buy everything you see or come across at full prices. Anyhow my 2 cents for what its worth. Best of luck.

Sweet bikes! I believe that if it’s a museum that you’re planning….diversity is a good thing and it’ll draw more people and help keep the doors open. The 30’s is arguably to most exciting time period for the balloon tire bike however many that came before and after are exciting both historically and progressively! Just my two cents

I own my own business (not bike related) so my plan is to one day have a building I can have both a business and a bicycle museum. I can show people the bicycles when they arrive or have certain hours. I have a plan, because I love it when a plan comes together! 😁
My son says the museum must have an ice cream shop in it. More income! 😋

Last edited:
I own my own business (not bike related) so my plan is to one day have a building I can have both a business and a bicycle museum. I can show people the bicycles when they arrive or have certain hours. I have a plan, because I love it when a plan comes together! 😁
My son says the museum must have an ice cream shop in it. More income! 😋
I like the way he thinks! Ice cream shop would be a great addition. You should do it!

Back